St. Antony’s Remote Learning –
Guidance and Information for Parents
In the event of your child’s bubble isolating, or full or partial school closures, St. Antony’s will provide an online curriculum through remote learning at home. Please refer to below for details and information regarding your child’s ongoing education during COVID-19 closures.
All children (in Years Reception – 6) will need to access Google Classroom in order to participate in the remote learning. (Your child has been provided with a username and password.)
Google Classroom lessons and activities will take a variety of forms. These include live lessons (delivered via Google Meet); commercially available websites supporting the teaching of specific subjects or areas; video clips or sequences; set written tasks and recorded teaching.
All children (in Years Reception - 6) will need to access ClassDojo daily in order to participate in the remote learning. (Your child has been provided with a username, password & class code.)
* Please note that children should be given short breaks (5-10 minutes) between sessions (particularly when working online). These breaks should preferably be in the form of brief exercise or at least away from the computer screen.
Daily Lessons and Activities:
KS1 & KS2
Via Google Classroom & ClassDojo, the class teacher will prepare and provide daily lessons and activities which will be in line with the current curriculum (this may also include timetabled group reading/intervention sessions with the class TA).
There will also be opportunities during the day for your child to engage directly with the teacher – including feedback and discussions.
Daily provision will amount to, on average, 4 hours of work a day for KS2 and 3 hours of work a day for KS1.
Daily timetable for KS1 & KS2:
Engagement, feedback, concerns and learning support:
- It is expected that all pupils fully engage with the remote learning and that they are supported by their parents/guardians in order to do so.
- If parents feel they need support in this area or that their child needs additional support, please contact the school and the class teacher will be in touch with suggestions and advice.
- Teachers and staff will engage with pupils daily via ClassDojo & Google Stream, and tasks will be marked and feedback given on a daily basis.
- Teachers and staff may contact parents (via telephone) during the remote learning period if there are concerns about a child's engagement and/or outcomes.
Please speak to the school office (0208 552 3670) with regards to access to laptops and/or passwords.
In addition to Google Classroom and ClassDojo, our pupils have access to the following online platforms, which they may access at any time:
Recommended websites for further learning:
In addition to the platforms above, the following websites will further support your child’s learning at home.
- BBC Teach – a fully resourced website offering a wide range of videos and activities across the curriculum
- Oak National Academy – a government-recommended website offering a range of lessons across the curriculum
- Hungry Little Minds – an EYFS website offering activities and including links to other recommended websites
|English||Top Marks - English, Brilliant Publications|
|Phonics||Letters & Sounds, Phonics Play, Read Write Inc|
|Maths||Top Marks - Maths, Times Table Quizzes, White Rose Hub|
|Humanities||Nat. Geo for Kids|
|Science||WOW Science, NASA for Kids|
|Art & DT||Tate Kids|
|MFL||KS2 French - BBC|
|Computing||Blockly Games, LGFL - Computing|
|SMSC (PSHCE)||Make Time to Play|
|Music||Primary Music - BBC|
If your child needs to self-isolate but their bubble remains at school, they will be set tasks on Bug Club, Conquer Maths and Mathletics by the class teacher/EA, on a daily basis. They should also access the recommended websites as listed on this page.