St Antony’s is a Catholic school and we work closely with our priests and the parishioners of our local church St. Antony’s, as well as our diocese, Brentwood. We are proud to be part of the London Borough of Newham, showcasing that ours is a school blessed with strong roots and rich in cultures and languages.
- We celebrate our special talents as children of God:
- We try to be like Jesus and always keep him in our hearts
- We work together in our homes, school and parish to share our gifts and learn together
- We understand that we are all different but we respect each other
- We look after our world so that we may share it together in peace
St. Antony’s Catholic Primary School’s Key Aims:
- To further develop the effectiveness & competencies of all leaders & stakeholders.
- To sustain standards in English, particularly in Reading, through the use of Phonics, daily reading and comprehension focused on inference & deduction, use of GPS to analyse and unpick texts & use of drama with imaginative play for characterisation.
- To sustain standards in Maths through the use and application of reasoning skills, use of key vocabulary, focus on number work & practical activities with effective strategies.
- To continue to challenge all pupils including the more able & SEND via differentiated questioning and measured but heightened difficulty in all lessons -building resilience.
- To further embed formative assessment strategies via peer/self-marking & feedback.
- To further enhance the quality of the school’s overall provision & environment ensuring the curriculum is more inclusive, broad and balanced.
All strategies are applied to positively affect children’s expected outcomes at the end of academic year.
We call St Antony’s Catholic School “The school of surprises”, because there is always something exciting happening! Our motto is “Learning Together” – that is children, staff, parents and governors all learning and working together. Our children enjoy being taught in the classrooms, however, they also love to go out to museums, galleries, theatres and concert halls. These trips out allow them to learn about our city and the wider world.
Please find our performances based on and in accordance with the DfE here.