St. Antony’s Catholic Primary School’s Key Aims 2018-2019
- To further develop the effectiveness & competencies of all leaders & stakeholders.
- To sustain standards in English, particularly in Reading, through the use of Phonics, daily reading and comprehension focused on inference & deduction, use of GPS to analyse and unpick texts & use of drama with imaginative play for characterisation.
- To sustain standards in Maths through the use and application of reasoning skills, use of key vocabulary, focus on number work & practical activities with effective strategies.
- To continue to challenge all pupils including the more able & SEND via differentiated questioning and measured but heightened difficulty in all lessons -building resilience.
- To further embed formative assessment strategies via peer/self-marking & feedback.
- To further enhance the quality of the school’s overall provision & environment ensuring the curriculum is more inclusive, broad and balanced.
All strategies are applied to positively affect children’s expected outcomes at the end of 2018/19 academic year.